- Just two buttons are used to operate the meter, for intuitive handling.
- Large and easy-to-read display.
- In- or out-of-meter for simple and comfortable testing.
- Safety features include underdosing alerts, re-dose option in 10 seconds, and test strip expiration warnings
- The visual double check lets you see your recent test result.
- Post-meal alert reminds you to test 2 hours after eating.
- Pre-meal and post-meal markers are available.
- 500 test results are stored in memory.
- See averages of all blood test results over 7, 14, 30 and 90 days.
- Fulfills 100 % of the accuracy requirements of DIN EN ISO 15197:2003.1
- Date and time are preset for faster setup.
- Changing the battery doesn’t mean losing the date and time settings.
- Transfer data from the meter to your PC using a USB cable. You will need an Accu-Chek diabetes management solution on the PC to analyze the data.
- 30 % smaller than previous Accu-Chek Active meters with a 10 % bigger display.
Serial number: Unique serial number is printed on a label on the device and stored in non-volatile memory
Measuring principle: Mutant variant of the glucose dehydrogenase quinone protein (Mut. Q-GDH 2, modified variant of EC 184.108.40.206), acinetobacter spec; photometric end-point measurement
Measuring time: Approximately 5 seconds (blood application with test strip within the meter) Approximately 8 seconds (blood application with test strip outside the meter)
Temperature: +8 to +42 °C (+46.4 °F to +107.6 °F)
Humidity: Up to 93 % relative humidity
Storage conditions without battery: -25 to + 70 °C (-13 °F to +158 °F)
Memory capacity: Up to 500 values with date and time
Test averages: 7, 14, 30, 90 days
Data transfer: Via USB interface (with Micro-USB cable)
Automatic coding: Via code chip (batch specific code chip)
Warning: Strip expiry warning (data is stored in the code chip)
Dimensions: 97.8 x 46.8 x 19.1 mm
Weight: 46 g without battery, 50 g with battery
Display: 96 segments LCD display with symbols
Beep tone: Yes (Factory setting ON)
Battery: 1 battery, type CR 2032
Battery life: Approximately 1000 measurements or one year (whichever comes first)
Auto power off: 30 or 90 seconds according to operating status
Underdosing detection: Yes
Altitude independence: 0–4,000m (0-13,123 feet)
Measuring range: 10 mg/dL – 600 mg/dL, 0.6 mmol/L – 33.3 mmol/L
Sample types: Capillary blood
If the test strip is removed from the meter to apply blood: Venous blood anticoagulated with lithium heparin or ammonium heparin or EDTA, arterial blood and blood from neonates
Sample dosing: Blood application on to the middle of the test pad. The test strip (and its components) has the function to spread the blood above the test area in a quick and hygienic way
Dosing options: Blood can be applied to already inserted test strip, or a test strip outside the meter. Outside of the meter dosing is helpful to minimize the risk of contamination when a meter has multiple users (e.g. in a hospital) and, in case of alternative site testing, to facilitate blood application
Re-dosing capability: Additional blood can be added to the test strip within 10 seconds after applying the first drop (applies for inside mode)
Visual color check: Plausibility check option with 5 color block on the test strip vial
Hematocrit range: 20 – 55 % (within-meter mode), 20 – 70 % (outside-meter mode)
Test strip stability: 18 months after production date. The test strips remain stable at least up to the expiry date printed on the test strip vial, even after opening (the test strip container must be closed tightly after each test strip is removed)